Here's some facts you might not have known about your favorite tv players:
- Humberto Brenes is not really annoying to play against at all times like the WSOP broadcast may have led you to believe. He seems like a nice dude.
- Daniel Negreanu is rail-thin and looks in need of a sammich. He makes post paris hilton Nicole Richie look fat. Maybe it was just his FCP gear or something.
- John D'Agostino is short and looks like a street thug. He's still wicked though.
- Barry Greenstein is the player I would most like to emulate. The consummate professional even when almost falling asleep at the table.
- Freddy Deeb is tiny and always looking for a good time. I hear he got one at the local entertainment establishments.
- John Juanda has got to be the scariest guy to play against. He has a stare that can look right through you and moves chips wildly.
That's all i can think up for now. Will report back if I remember anything else.
Saturday i went to Matt's wedding. It was very nicely done and I give thanks to he and Jacky for inviting the girlfriend and I. Very upscale and beautifully done -- and some FANTASTIC cakes from Anna Olson of FoodTV Canada -- can't go wrong there.
I'd like to give a special thanks to CNN for this story they recently posted on how to play poker. It should keep the games going strong for a looong time.
How to win at poker - by CNN.com
Go in big... when you have the highest pair in a game of Texas hold' em. For instance if you're holding 10, Q and the flop produces 10, 5, 2 then grab as much as you can. The chances of somebody holding a pocket pair of Js or greater are unlikely -- or indeed pocket 5s or 2s to make trips. Get rid of your opposition with a big bet, because you don't want to let your rivals get to see the turn card when an ace might show up to scupper you.