I'm a Donk!

That's what Matty told me tonight, I'm a donk. When I bluff off a stack at our little No-Limit home-game I hear nothing (quiet respect I like to think), but beat him out of his money with the worst hand and I'm a DONK!

Well, Yeah i'm actually kind of a donk at the home game. You see, we play $0.25/0.50 blinds No-Limit hold'em with a $20 per player cap per hand. That is, you cannot lose more than $20 in a hand, period. It's fun, but it's not serious.

As Matt posted on his site, last week we busted Gary's 3-buyins in 15 minutes at this game -- gary was not impressed and has not returned. Needless to say $20 doesn't hurt most of us at the game so it can get wild. I wish we'd play for more but it suffices for my live action cravings.

Anyways, basically I did put my money in with an open-ended straight draw and an overcard against his checkraise with middle pair and the ass-end of a gutshot straight draw. He was a 2:1 favorite with 69s on a 79Tr board against my K8o but my crap hand pulls through. I wouldn't say I got him on tilt, but it was damn close and fun to laugh about him calling me donk.

He said it himself best, "You're a donk, but you're a profitable donk at this game".

Tonight at the home game we had a few newcomers, Brett and Mike. Mike has played with us previously and is quite aggressive and decent. Brett shows some good knowledge of the game and plays almost exclusively good hands. Unfortunately for him, his good hands were no match for our junk this evening while Mike came out the "big winner". Congrats to him.

I was again lucky enough to come out winners by a small margin. I've yet to lose at the home game however given the way I play there I can't see it being far off where I dump a hundo.

On to the topic of Golf. In particular, Matt has recently posted a whole page detailing his statistics for golf this season. If i'm a poker geek, he's certainly a stats geek. Anyways, on the topic of driving distances, Matty clocked his long one at 331 this year. I think Harry puts it best in saying via email:

for some reason I can't leave a comment on your blog. But i just wanted to say, there is no fucking way you hit a drive 331 yards. You know, Toast knows it, and I know it. Even if you picked the ball up on the tee, walked it 331 yards and placed it in the middle of the fairway, I still wouldn't believe it. How are we to believe the rest of those stats aren't fabricated. 331, that really is laughable.


Matt claims to be using PGA standard techniques for detailing his driving distances but we all know he makes a lot of stuff up to make himself feel better about spending $800 on a driver this year -- crazy bastard. He sells a hell of a lot of shit tickets to pay for a driver like that ya know?

Thanks go to Matt for a fun evening at his place (and his lovely wife Jacky who put up with us taking over the dining room for the evening). Welcome to the game to Brett, welcome back to Mike, I hope we have a lively game full of action until next golf season.

Tonight will be the golf-get-together over the river -- pizza and wings. Should be fun!

Comments

Popular Posts