Micro Stakes Murderer's Row - March 19th

Another night on the 'row. Tonight we had:

Myself: I'm in the mood to splash around but switch it up often. Probably overthinking for this game but i'm a poker nerd.

Matt: Ultra-serious bad beat magnet who lost more in the stock market pre-poker than I make in a month, or so he tells me.

Ryan The Golf Pro: If I'm described as a loose player (and I do switch it up a bit), he's Ron Jeremy's latest victim loose. Rarely finds a hand he does not like.

Jeff: Tight, Aggressive. He must hate having me on his left and Ryan two left.

Steve: Hard to describe his game... i'd say slightly loose aggressive and likes to keep firing.

Cory: Looseish?... not well known to me.

The night begins with my putting a bounty on felting Ryan. The game is never as good as when he's behind and trying to catch up. I like to instigate shit. Usually I try and felt Matty as he's tilty when my crap cards beat his good ones (see the 9-T hand from last time at the row).

Jeff claims that bounty. The game starts to get good.

Hands I Remember (still tired):

I take a decent pot off Matt when I limp AQ in EP and bet 3-streets to beat his QT on a Q high board.

I lay down AQ on a AKQ board to a flop c/r from Cory after some time in the tank. I think this was a bad fold in retrospect but I don't know his game that well still.

Matt raises from BTN, Ryan 3-bets from SB, Matt calls. Flop is QQT two spades, ryan pushes. Matt calls with AK and leads ryan's AJ spades. Sick. Ryan spikes his spade on the river though.

Steve gets felted time after time. Starts to get angry around the 3rd reload. His anger does not make him play better.

Cory keeps flopping better than me, and I call him down time and time again with losing hands. Doh.

I raise QJs on Button, ryan pauses and calls, steve and Cory call. Flop is QQT rainbow. Ryan leads, Cory calls, I call. Someone else has a Q I can smell it. F'er. Ryan leads the blanko turn $10, Cory folds, I call. Ryan bets $10 on the K-ball river, I call. His AQ is good. Nothing I can do here I don't think. I could fold the river for $25-30 though.

Matt takes off with $45 profit, down to 5 players.

Cory dominates and continues to win pots off everyone. I think he ran well and played it well too.

Ryan and I have a great conversation in the blinds. Flop comes down and it goes as such:

Me: I hit it
Ryan: So did I
Me: Ok I bet $1.50
Ryan: I call
(turn)
Me: I still hit it the first time
Ryan: Me too
Me: $2.00
Ryan: I call
(river)
Me: That one missed me, I still have my first one though. I bet $2.
Ryan: I donkey'd you and caught the river, I call.
He wins

Tough game huh?

So ends another night on Micro Stakes Murderer's Row.

Results (approx. and my best guess):
Matt: +$45
Me: -$25
Jeff: +30
Steve: -$100
Ryan: -$45
Cory: +$95

Comments

Popular Posts