Slow Wednesday Update

Hi everyone,

Sorry i've been "tardy" with the update. Hey, that's NoSkillz other nickname -- he's always late for everything.

Anyways, golf this past weekend was just Saturday. I played pretty decently on the front with a 37, birdied the first two on the back but had a stretch of 4 bad holes to shoot 76. Bah, I played much better than this score.

Poker has been good again. Running a bit warm, picking apart the lags, picking apart the over-tight players... basically learning to play the game properly. I've started to work a few moves into my game and it's been paying off handsomely. Semi-bluffs have worked, my pure bluffs (rare) haven't. Guess that says something about NL50.

Getting very close to my move-up line of $2k. Will have a bankroll update on Friday as usual but I'm looking forward to the transition. I haven't played very many hands of NL50 even, but when it's time to go, it's time to go. I know i'll never be satisfied if I just sit at a limit like NL50. Poker is as much about the challenge of improving as it is the money (since the money i'm playing for is relatively small).

I completely expect at the next few levels the money will become serious enough that my wagers will have real consequences in my life. Since i'm keeping a dedicated bankroll, that means little to my every-day life on downswings, but could mean a lot if it continues to grow. I would LOVE to be able to withdraw just 1k USD a month to invest. Honestly, I'm not even sure what my goal with poker is... 200NL? for now, yeah... thats the next level. I'm not the sort to take shots at 2kNL on a 100NL bankroll fortunately for my bankroll :)

Tell my a year ago I'd be playing poker with multiple-hundreds in buy-in... and I'd have told you you're nuts. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Comments

Popular Posts