Back From Out West - Miss Me?

No, didn't play much in the way of golf out west. I played 18 holes in Calgary at a place I don't remember the name of at the moment -- was like 2 weeks ago, and yeah i have a crap memory, so what. It was a nice track, lots of rolling hills and fescue with a mountain view on most holes. Very cool. I shot a craptastic 84. Had zero touch this day, but did hit the flagstick from 145 on one hole so wasn't too far gone.

In Vancouver, I played a fun little course with my buddy G. He and his friends aren't avid golfers like my 'crew' but they enjoy the game and hack it around OK. We just played 9 holes but I birdied the last two to shoot even par. Honestly, I play enough golf and was just happy to be out west having a good time with good friends during my week off. I know that's almost blasphemy among my golfing readers who demand top quality golf courses but that's just the way it is.

Played one little home game of poker which G organized when I was there. You know the typical $20 tournament sort of thing. Naturally I lost both games :) One as a 3:1 fave pre-flop and the other bluffing off my chips against my friend C who is in my opinion a player with potential.

And that's it. The rest of my week was spent with friends, doing a tiny bit of actual work, walking their dog, shopping with C, sipping matchas & chais and generally getting a feel for the place.

Comments

Popular Posts