Mystic Saturday On The Beach

Saturday, Matt and I took off to visit Mystic, a course on the mountain in Hamilton which he had played but I had not. Mystic is, to say the least, challenging.

We had heard previously that its conditioning was questionable, but decided to brave it for a relative bargain of $95 to play a round. Well, it's challenging all right. I started off with a double, got into some trouble off the tee and lost a ball on the 2nd shot (my playing partner couldnt watch, he was off in some other trees himself). Made a few pars, a few bogeys, was playing OK overall but then made a turn for the worse. I think It was 43/45. No I wasn't playing that well, but its a bloody hard course. For my first time out I might have squeezed out an 81-82 or so playing relatively well.

So, I spent a lot of time in bunkers, fescue, that sort of thing. I'd play Mystic again for sure, but hopefully when i'm really playing well.

Sunday's Langley Cup match never happened due to rain. I got a few hands of poker in at 50NL -- lost two buyins... meh.

I'm off to Calgary and Vancouver this week, will hopefully get a round or two in.

That's all for now.
T

Comments

Popular Posts