Running Good In October

I'll be the first to admit I'm running well in October. In not a lot of hours I am up over $2k this month playing 100NL in not a lot of hours. I sincerely hope it continues as I'm truly crushing games right now (and running 300'ish over all-in EV) but I'm a realist. I'm having a good streak and that somewhat balances the 50k hands of bad play/variance I had in late summer -- not that the past reflects the future in poker or anything obviously.

Anyway, yesterday I came across a couple of seemingly good deep+ante 200NL games and decided to take a shot. You know, it's a strange feeling for a micro/small stakes player to be playing in a game where there are stacks greater than my monthly mortgage payment. No, I don't think 200NL is a lot of money to be playing for but if I could beat this level consistently (and taking into account that winnings are tax free + rakeback) I would be making nearly the money in my spare time that I do at my full time job/business. No, I'm not planning to play poker for a living ... no freaking way.

So, wish me luck in continuing to run well as I make the jump to 200NL. I'll post an october graph when the month finishes :)

Comments

Popular Posts