This Weekend In Golf & Poker

This weekend was non-eventful really in regards to my two favorite pasttimes.

My golf was pretty decent, as I turned in rather uneventful rounds of 77 and 77 Saturday and Sunday mornings. Our typical strong Sunday turnout was hampered by most of our players being in a tournament and the others falsely thinking it was raining when in reality it was just a bit foggy after an early morning rain. Saturday was a typical round with Gary -- he shot 70, and Bernie -- 74 while Harry's brain is clearly not on the golf course anymore (see: Fantasy Football). Sunday was Joey B. and Dave G... both rounds were relaxing and fun.

Poker is still being a pig to me as I can't possibly hope to be profitable for more than one day in a row. I win 2-3 buyins one night, I lose it back the next. Just a bunch of bad variance this month coupled with a couple bonehead plays on my part (not too many though) make this month almost exactly breakeven. Actually I think PT shows me down a whopping $36 right now and I've still got a few days to win or lose a bunch. As one of my highest hand count months (I've played over 8k so far) it's really frustrating to be in such a funk. My PT graph looks like a SIN wave ... up, even, down, even, up, even, down, even. Weee...

I have paid Party over $500 in rake this month which must be calculated particularly given I play primarily $50nl.

Gah.

I understand Matty moved into his new house this weekend. There's gotta be a reason he missed Saturday golf, so I assume thats the one. I think Harry and I are officially considered bad influences by Matty & Mrs. Matty (I for poker/golf and Harry for the boss/golf) so I dont think we'll be having any home games there anytime soon :P. Plus, we all know Matty is now officially OWNED. I doubt he'll be allowed to play golf next summer even... will have to spend that time weeding gardens and shopping for fine linens.

Comments

Matt said…
Excuse my French but that is fucking hilarious!!! And isn't it PWNED?

Popular Posts