A little birdie whispered in my ear...

(That little birdie was Harry, thank's dude.)

Anyways, I can't let this occasion pass without a tribute to my good friend Matty on the occasion of his 40th birthday.

A little background. Matthew B. was born 14,600 days ago on October the 20th, 1966 to two happy parents. He had a full head of hair at birth which was unexplicably spiky but became his trademark. That trait followed him through his adult life.



Matt was introduced to golf early by his father in a closed-door session, as was usual. He became proficient, getting his handicap as low as 2 -- he was gooood.

He worked in his father's business, wearing a suit daily and becoming known for his preppy style of dress out of the office (see: sweatervest). He also developed into one hell of a sabres fan, posting long, detailed reports daily on his favorite hockey team.

Matt is truly one of the nicest guys I know, and I know as he crosses over the hill of life into his golden years he will continue to be a worthy golf opponent even as his grasp on his fine muscle movements (see: putting yips) and bladder control leave him in the coming years.



So, with all sincerity I can possibly muster on this fine, fine occasion...


Here's to you Matty B! I hope you can keep trying to play the back tees for a few more years.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That was a beautiful tribute.

It would be even nicer if it was actually on my birthday.

So do a nice writeup for me on APRIL 1, 2007.

Thank you.

PS: I'll be 34 you comics, not 40. Young kids today...

Popular Posts