Poker Hand O' The Week March 1, 2007

Here's an interesting line which is new for me. I'm trying to work on the whole 'play the player' thing rather than the cards and so far it has been good for the bankroll. +$450 in Feb through 1600 hands puts my bankroll back in better waters.

So yeah, here's my hand O' the week for the last week of February, 2007.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)


BB ($51.15)
UTG ($49.50)
MP ($138.36)
Hero ($82.38)
Button ($36.72)
SB ($50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5h, 6h. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO raises to $3, Button calls $3, 2 folds, UTG folds, MP folds.

The table was generally loose passive. The players in UTG and MP were limping a lot pre-flop and folding to my raises so I decided to take another one with one of my favorites, middle suited connectors. Unfortunately Mr. Button did not agree with my theft and decided to take a flop. He has been loose and seems to be stealing.

Flop: ($7.75) Jd, Qs, Ac (2 players)

CO bets $6, Button calls $6.

An interesting flop. I hate to leave my children out there even though I have no hand no draw and I'm hoping he folds to my nearly pot-sized flop bet. He calls, I'm done with it.

Turn: ($19.75) Jc (2 players)

Hero checks, Button checks.

He did call, so i'm done with my hand, I check the turn and he checks behind. Why would he check behind? A Jack would want to get value out of an ace thinking he's bluffing having trips... OR he's doing that slowplay thing with a monster which you see so often at the low limits.

River: ($19.75) 7c (2 players)

Hero checks, Button bets $3.5, CO raises to $18, Button folds.

On the river, I could not decide which he was doing so I check again giving up on the pot. If he checks behind I lose and that's fine. If he bets half pot or more, he's betting for value and trying to milk some chips out of me. But this small bet seems weak like he knows he can't win without bluffing but can't pull the trigger with a real bet. I make my read, I stick to it, and I was right -- this time.

Final Pot: $41.25

Comments

Popular Posts