Monday, May 30, 2005

My Short Hand Skillz

Dave writes:
I guess reading this is helping. I am starting to understand most of you short hand now. I enjoy your posts but at first it was a bit frustrating to try and follow it. I think with time I will learn all the short cut terms.

So, I think we're going to have to give everyone a refresher course on what I'm saying.

6-max - poker played with a maximum of 6 players at the table.
Full Ring - poker played with usually 9 or 10 players at the table
CO - The CutOff - the player who is immediately right of the dealer
Button - the player who is the 'dealer'. Gets to act last on all streets, yadda yadda. Canadians call this the PUCK also.
EP - early position - those who are just left of the blinds
Blinds - those who must put up money blindly into a pot before they get their hands
Offsuit - not the same suit
Showdown - when the players have bet and called or checked the river card, they "show down" their hands.
Chop the pot - to cut a pot into sections as people have the same hand and they "tied".
Hand examples:
- AJo - Ace Jack Offsuit
- KJs - King Jack Suited
- 72o - the hammer
Hand Names:
- Ducks - 22
- Sailboats - 44
- Dinner For Two - 69

It goes on and on... post a comment if you want to see anything else defined... :)

5 comments:

dave said...

Thanks for the help! I did a copy and paste but think I have them now. Yes I would like more of them anytime. I want to start playing but need to do some reading first. I haven't played since college and most of that was just drinking poker with friends.

Best Buy said...

Great stuff on clone golf equipment and I even bookmarked you! Of course I do have a similar page about clone golf equipment

freenanoipod said...

Great blog site. I have a Question
Do you have a rss feed link so i can add your site to my yahoo.

wpb-2430FF said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

Wheel Chair Center said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a chris wheelchair
site/blog. It pretty much covers chris wheelchair
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)