Short-Handed Poker @ The Monday Nighter

Yep, back to the monday nights. Supposedly we were going to have 6 or 7 show, but it turned out to be 4 - including me. Not that i really dislike shorthanded play, but it pretty much forces us to play strictly NL tourneys.

I played well the first game ($5 buy-in - big money) and had a big stack then lost it all on a stupid play when I called an all-in with an open straight draw when I had my opponent on a bottom or mid-pair. I knew I had outs, but it wasnt a money call especially when I had over half the chips on the table. Came second.

Second game I came second again, always the brides maid... Other guy had everyone elses chips, so i was a big sucker with the blinds moving that fast.

I dont even know why i play these stupid little things with blinds doubling every 8 minutes or whatever it is. It's a total crapshoot and while I can pick people apart for the most part.. you've GOTTA have cards because your bets get NO respect even if you're the tightest rock there is.

Meh.

Comments

Popular Posts